Simulated Chalkboard Labels and Other Things
I’m on page 50 of the handbook with only 40-some left to go. I need to get with it.
In plant news, the hanging basket plants that were on death’s door are getting better:
The bizarre find of the day:
Though it’s hard to see, someone carved Patt into the door frame. This was hitherto unnoticed by us, but has been there a long time, as whoever did the bad varnish job varnished over it. Thank you Patt.
In organization news, I organized the bathroom cabinet:
And in failed projects I learned that liquid nails does not stick to rope.
The goal is to wrap the garbage can in it. Google says to try hot glue, which is packed, so might be easier to buy a new gun.
And now for the craft success. I got my cook book covers done:
How did I do it? First I covered them in wrapping paper (and rubber cement), then I printed out my patterns while that dried – and cut them out:
The shape I stole from a website selling chalk board stickers and then I enlarged it. The font is by Kimberly G (I forget her name) but I paid 5$ for it a bit back. I went ahead and printed this out because my hand lettering sucks.
I cut the “labels” out of black card stock, then flipped the words over and “colored” over them with a number 2 pencil.
Then, centered them on the label…
And traced them with the same pencil, pressing fairly hard.
When I was done I had this:
Ta da! Like the old carbon paper. To simulate chalk I used white paint and a tiny brush:
Then when they dried (which was hard to wait for!) I glued them on:
A layer of clear contact paper later, and they are kitchen ready. Now to get a red folder for that cook book of mom’s…
And it’s now almost 4 so I really need to hit the hay. Have a good one!
PS – bonus sunset pics:
Posted from WordPress for Android