Thankfulness #120: Last Minute Changes
I know I haven’t posted much here in the last month because I’ve been overwhelmed with the upcoming book release. It’s my own fault because, while I always leave a lot of things to the last minute, I am really pushing the envelope this time. In fact a snafu with Smashwords’ system almost ended up pushing the release date back to May 7th, but luckily I contacted Smashwords Help and they fixed it back to the right release day. (whew!) That crisis was averted.
Anyway, with only four hours left to edit the document before Amazon locks it down for publication, one of my beta readers (Amy) mentioned that the ending felt flat. Honesty moment: I thought it was, too, but since no one else complained I decided it was just me. Luckily, Amy brought it up, along with a suggestion on how to fix it, so boom – got it fixed (aka added a sentence) which makes it soooo much better. So, today I am grateful to Amy for helping me fix the end.
Now I need to start changing over all my banners and website images and what not. This release stuff is a lot of work, and I’m not even doing a blog tour or party! I should have scheduled something, but I was so last minute that I didn’t have time. Boo!
I have news on house plans, but I’ll write that up tomorrow.
Have an Amy to the rescue kinda day!
About Joleene NaylorAn independent author, freelance artist, and photographer for fun who loves anime, music, and writing. Check out my vampire series Amaranthine at http://JoleeneNaylor.com or drop me a line at Joleene@JoleeneNaylor.com
Find What You’re Interested In:
- When Matthias suggest they take their due, Beldren may live to regret it - if he lives at all.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 17 hours ago
- @ronvitale - legendary schedule :) twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/s… 17 hours ago
- #CellphonePhotoOfTheDay https://t.co/CebuNpVXPn 17 hours ago
- RT @DiRosaYikici: The latest The Di Rosa Yikici Daily! paper.li/DiRosaYikici?e… Thanks to @joleene_naylor #writerwednesday #childrensbooks 17 hours ago
- @ronvitale Ty! We're planning to go to Omaha one day this weekend so fingers crossed! 17 hours ago