7 Days of Thankfulness #5
And here are seven things I was thankful for last week:
1. I was thankful for pumpkins! I love pumpkins, and it is pumpkin season. Though I only got four, they are nice specimens. One year I am going to have 100 for no particular reason except I want to say I once had 100 pumpkins.
2. I was also thankful for getting the floor of the deck painted. The color is interesting. We meant for it to be gray – the swatch was gray – but the final product is a chameleon silver color – at some angles its brown, sometimes it looks white, and sometimes it’s gray. I actually like it quite a bit, but the bro does not.
3. I was thankful for spending the day at Mel’s house. We did a little unplanned day drinking and had a lot of fun.
4. On Thursday what I thought was a hangover mysteriously spread to everyone who was not drinking with me and got worse as the day went, but I was thankful to hubby for letting me whine, even though he was also sick.
5. I am also thankful that I am up to 15 members in my Vampire Challenge – which starts October 1st. If you want to check it out, you can! It’s going to be a LOT of fun!
6. I was grateful that the bro and Uncle Dave had spent time taking up flooring from an old house down the street because, after we took out the old front porch pillars and the banister, the floor was all rotten and needless to say cash flow to replace an entire porch floor was not forthcoming, but as they had already taken up wood flooring, there it was.
7. And finally I was thankful for getting the deck (and the trim on the house that I could reach from the deck) totally painted! I was also thankful that they got the porch built – now we just need to sand the floor, get the banister fixed up, put in the pillars, and paint everything. Huzzah!
Have a thankful week!