My Apocalypse List
The Apocalypse of 12-21-12 never came. We even had a party to welcome it, but there were no zombies. I guess that means my list is kind of unnecessary now.
What list? This list. It’s an Apocalypse list, which is like a Bucket List, but instead of a list of things to do before you die, it’s a list of the things to do before the world ends. Even though the Apocalypse didn’t kill us there may be another one around the corner, so I think I’ll keep this awhile longer.Now that it’s
2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 I am going to delete the accomplished goals and add some new ones. If it all goes well, this should be a slowly evolving list as things get crossed off and added. If all doesn’t go well, it will stay as it is.
I guess that’s part of the fun.
- Publish Patrick in October –
plausible if I hop to it.– DONE! October 2016 – go get your copy!
- Write Book 9 – Goddess of Night, it’s the last in the series. Plausible – UPDATE: started it and am about 1/3 done with the rough draft – Dec 5. 2016
- Come up with some kind of clever advertising. – I just don’t know. I’m tired of blog tours, and they don’t seem to do much. Any ideas? UPDATE – I’m trying a Facebook party this October. So far there are 40 guests but we’ll see if they really show. UPDATE – Had the facebook party. Good turnout, had fun. Not sure about sales, though. UPDATE: Still need something clever…
- Go to Japan – probably not going to make this one.
- Watch many on a long list of anime including KK, etc. – possible. I did watch Death Note
- Make an Amaranthine calendar for 2017 – I have all the images I need, just need to do it. I wanted one for 2014 and 2015 and 2016 but didn’t make it.
- Finish Fallen – or whatever we name it – iffy. We’ve been working on it for four years and have 67 approved pages (this doesn’t counted the hundreds of rejected pages). – UPDATE:
Doubtful.It’s May July August October February and we still have 67 pages. Not Gonna Happen. It’s April and we suddenly have four new pages and a brand new plot. Maybe we will do it this time. – UPDATE: 1/14/14 – She’s waiting on me. My fault. UPDATE: 12/31/14 – I need to send her my new ideas UPDATE: We’ve decided to make an outline.UPDATE: it’s on hold again
- Promote the Terrible Turtle Conspiracy – we’re doing it! The comic is back at http://TerribleTurtles.com!
- Finish the funny vampire book(s) – iffy. Yes, there are two. One stars Willy and is coauthored by Jonathan and the other is about vampires in Alabama in the 80’s. They have an undead sheep. It’s fun. UPDATE:
1/24/14 – Jonathan has sent me a completed chapter one. yay! UPDATE: On chapter two UPDATE: I think he’s gotten busy.UPDATE: we’re back at it
- Make an Amaranthine series trailer – iffy. It takes time. UPDATE: Dec 2016, I got a bunch of images for it. Now I need to write it…
- Catch up on photo editing – iffy. Time constraints and all.
- Write the Executioner Stories – We’ll see. If I do them for Blogophilia then maybe.
UPDATE: I have Aine available & Ark, & Verchiel is in an Anthology collection. UPDATE: I’m working on Beldren UPDATE: Bren is done. I need to do a romance one next.UPDATE: 12/5/16 – still waiting to get to it..
- Upgrade my Ham Radio License – need to study. Lots. UPDATE: I need to buy new study guides.
- Finish remodeling the kitchen –
the cabinets need painted, the pantry needs done…I need a microwave cart and i might paint the counter top. – UPDATE – we need a new counter top, to put up quarter round, put up tile, fill in the cubby and fix around the light switch – 6/4/15 –U PDATE 8/17/15 – decided to refinish the counter top with a kit, but need to do that, install backslash, fill in the cubby and put up quarter round. still. Still.UPDATE 12/5/16: Quarter round is done, and I might not refinish the counter after all. It’s growing on me. But I do need to buy some red tiles…
- Organize my bedroom –
not gonna get to paint it etc for a long time but let’s make it livable at least!– All done except the clothes – 6/5/15– UPDATE 8/17/15 mostly undone, but the clothes are sorted and I got rid of a LOT. Yay me. Still needs done.
- Paint the outside of the house –
maybe this summer. It needs it BAD UPDATE: we hired someone to do it in September– DONE!! and it looks great!
- Re-do the pantry –
might be do-able when hubby has his extended weekend at the end of August. –We didn’t do it. Who knows when we will.
- Paint the trim on the outside of the house – might try to ire the same guys next fall.
- Finish the dining room walls – we got the wallpaper scraped, now we need to TSP, repair cracks, and start painting. Be nice if it was done for Christmas.